Welcome to Our Practice
Welcome! Since 1985, Michael Gittleson, DPM has been working with patients to provide the best podiatric care for patients in the Chevy Chase area. Dr. Michael Gittleson's experience in podiatry is coupled with genuine concern for his patients. All our staff is dedicated to your comfort and prompt attention as well. Offering services like diabetic foot care, treatment for heel pain, ingrown toenails, and more our goal is to help you maintain healthy feet.
We are here for you! First and foremost, we would like to say thank you for your patience and support during this tumultuous time. We are hopeful that you and your loved ones have remained well.
OUR COVID-19 RESPONSE
As Healthcare Providers, we remain open so that we can continue to serve our community.
As always, we continue to practice universal precautions, such as hand washing, disinfecting equipment and surfaces in contact with patients and staff and using personal protective equipment when necessary. We will continue to be diligent with these practices inlight of COVID-19.
These are unprecedented times. It is our intention to continue to meet all our patients’ needs while doing our part to keep each patient and our staff safe. We will continue working to keep our patients out of the hospitals, Primary Care Physician offices, and urgent care facilities during the crisis. With thoughtful, evidence-based decisions, patience, and grace, we will work through this challenge as a community. We all need to work together to contain/mitigate the spread of COVID-19. As such, we ask that you please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Let us help you avoid the ER or Urgent Care for foot and ankle issues. At the request of our local ERs, physician colleagues, and in conformity with Federal CISA guidelines, we will remain open. Our goal is to meet the foot and ankle needs of our patients, thereby keeping our patients out of hospitals, primary care physician offices, and urgent care facilities during this pandemic crisis. In this way, we can all help to reduce the burden on critical health care resources.
- If you are feeling ILL (fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, nausea, or vomiting) please CALL TO RESCHEDULE; The office number is 301-986-4900
- If you have traveled internationally within the last 30 days, please CALL TO RESCHEDULE
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: please work to keep distance from other patients when entering and exiting our office. After check-in, you are welcome to wait in your car and we will call you when your exam room is ready for your appointment. Please limit, as best you can, the number of people you bring with you.
- We will closely monitor the health of our team and ensure no one will be allowed to come to work if they are sick. We are taking the temperatures of the patients and the staff.
- We will provide gloves and a mask for you to wear in the office.
- We have implemented limited Telehealth for patients, so that we can support our patients remotely.
As always, it is our privilege to provide your foot and ankle healthcare with attention to excellence. We appreciate your understanding and partnership. If you have an upcoming appointment, we look forward to seeing you and want to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to provide a safe visit.
OFFICE NUMBER – 301-986-4900
MODIFIED OFFICE HOURS – PLEASE CALL FOR APPOINTMENT
This web site provides you with an overview of our practice and the field of podiatry. As you navigate the site, you'll find information about Michael Gittleson's practice philosophy, physicians, our Chevy Chase office location, insurance policies, and appointment scheduling procedures.Please browse the site at your convenience and feel free to contact us with any questions. You can also request an appointment by clicking here.
You'll find a lot of valuable information on the web site about foot problems, diagnoses and treatments. We believe informed patients are better prepared to make decisions about their health and well being. We encourage you to review this information to help you understand any podiatry concerns you may face.